UPDATED: January, 2012.
2012 marks the 11th anniversary of Dallas Athletes!
Dallas Athletes began in Coppell, TX, began in March, 2001 with four members. In the beginning, DA carried the name, Dallas Athletes Triathlon Club-D3. Then it changed to Dallas Athletes to accommodate single sport athletes in swimming, cycling and running.
Dallas Athletes has over 300 members with 100′s more in running, swimming or triathlon training programs. DA offers so many unique opportunities for the beginner to advanced intermediate athletes.
Along with our training programs, DA has group workouts six-days a week! Whether it is a long-run, track workout, bike ride or open-water swim, we’re at it! The sweat is flying, baby!
Finally, as you explore the Dallas Athletes website you will see three, common denominators:
- Friendly faces and encouragement from our members and coordinators! Kuay Sullivan (running), David Stonecipher (cycling), have been members since year two! DA founder, Tom Ryan handles multisport activities.
- Tom Ryan, founder of Dallas Athletes and Dallas Athletes Racing, is active in virtually all activities and training programs. He still coaches TRI 101, swim workouts, and participates in weekly workouts!
- Dallas Athletes “ace-in-the-hole” is our Group Training Dynamic. It is the galvanizing force of our success. With plenty of weekly workouts you can always find a group workout or spend time training alone. Either way, we’re here when you need some positive peer pressure; someone to push you a little bit, and finally to celebrate your accomplishments.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot… socially, we have SOLID game! From the ownership to the coordinators to the members, Dallas Athletes offers RELIABLE and FUN leadership! Yeah, I know it all sounds to easy. Not so fast, we do have a couple of rules:
- Rule #1: When considering membership, DO NOT be intimidated! Dallas Athletes was created to inspire and support! You’re never “too out of shape!”
- Rule #2: We ask that you take a lot from DA, because we have a lot to give. Please give back to others as they give to you! Enjoy all that DA has to offer. We’re glad you’re here!
We highly recommend you simply dive in and get started!